Signs of an Old Roof:
- Shingles are curling, scrunching, or buckling
- Bald or blistering shingles
- Shingles are missing
- Roof is sagging
- Moss and lichen are on your roof
- Granules and rubbish in the gutter
When you’re looking to get a new roof, surely you will reach out to several companies. Make sure Conde Roofing in NH & MA is one of them. Often people come to us saying other roofing contractors they’ve spoken with claim their roof needs a full replacement. Conde Roofing understands having options that match your budget is important. Unless your roof is in critical shape, and we’ll be honest if it is, our first goal is to ensure your roofing needs are met.
The Amount of Time You’ll Be Living in Your Home
Not everyone lives in a forever home their first, or even second time that they buy a house. Plan to move out in 5 years? Can your roof last another 10? Then it wouldn’t make sense to repair your roof. However, if you have lived in your home for a decade without a roof inspection it’s time to get one. That’s especially if you moved in when the roof was somewhat new, and you don’t plan on moving anytime soon.
Your Roof Replacement Budget
Everyone has a different budget in mind for a roof repair or replacement. A whole roof replacement costs much more than a repair, but sometimes it’s necessary. Conde Roofing knows even repairs can sometimes come at a decent cost. So we offer home insurance claim assistance, that way you know you’re getting the fair amount from your provider.
Looking for a Roof Cost Calculator? Use Conde Roofing’s Estimator!
Does Your Roof Need a Repair or Replacement?
How can you determine if you need to repair or replace your roof? Though it takes a professional to determine what course you should take, here are some things you can look out for:
Signs Your Roof Might Only Need Repairing
Repairs lean more towards the â€œthis spot needs fixingâ€ spectrum. If your roof looks relatively okay in most areas, but one spot is looking rough, you might be able to get away with a repair.
- Damage in a specific spot (from trees and other storm debris)
- Moss and lichen heavily collect in one spot
- Leakage leaving a brown spot on your ceiling
- Shingles are broken off in an area
- Air Gun Nailing Mistakes, Nails Pop Out
- Poor Installation
- Ventilation Issues
Signs Your Roof Certainly Needs Replacing
Replacing a roof is common, and though it costs more than a repair here are some scenarios in which it’s necessary.
- Significant damage in several areas (large tree branch damage)
- Moss and lichen cover more than 40% of your roof in medium thickness patches (causing rot)
- Multiple brown spots are appearing on your ceiling (roof is leaking and ceiling drywall absorbs mucky rainwater – sign of rot)
- Shingles have broken off, exposing the decking beneath
- Nails are falling out into the yard by the dozens
- Significant Ventilation Issues affecting monthly AC & Heating costs
Again, we at Conde Roofing will assist you in your home insurance claim so you know you’re getting the most from your provider. Signs like the above simply cannot be ignored any longer.
Contact Conde Roofing Company in NH & MA
Based in Merrimack, New Hampshire, but we serve all Southern NH & Northern MA. Learn more on our locations page. Call Conde Roofing today for a free roof inspection and quote. We provide roofing services to homeowners in New Hampshire and Massachusetts. For more information about installing a new roof on your home, contact us.